Important Temples in Bangalore

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sidharth Trivedi
    Participant

I’m there in Bangalore for a week and would like to visit a few temples. Can someone guide me on the must visit temples in Bangalore

Srinath Seshadri
    Participant

Bangalore is known as the Home for India’s spiritual gurus. Bangalore is rich in spiritual cultures and religions and is famous for its diversifying , attractive and interesting temples. If you are in Bangalore, then I definitely recommend visiting these 5 famous temples of Bangalore:

1.Halasuru Someshwara Temple:
    Located in Ulsoor, it is the oldest temple of Chola dynasty. It depicts the architectural masterpiece dedicated to Lord SHIVA.There is a Nandi pillar standing near the tower over the entrance gate.Images of gods and goddesses from Hindu mythology have been engraved on this tower.
    It is believed that Kempe Gowda, tired after hunting, rested under a tree and nodded off on the present site of the sanctuary. Lord Shiva appeared to him in a dream, uncovering the presence of hidden treasure and instructed him to build the sanctuary committed to him with it.

2.Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple:
    Gavi Gangadeshwara Temple
    Situated in Bangalore is an example of finite Indian rock-cut design, This temple is popular for its a huge Trident of Lord Shiva
    And the enigmatic stone discs in the forecourt and the precise arranging permitting the sun to sparkle on a holy place in certain time.

3.Bull temple:
    Bull Temple Bangalore
    Temple of the 16th century constructed during the rule of Kempegowdas, also known as Dodda Ganeshana Gudi or Nandi Temple made of granite. This temple illustrates the Vijayanagara engineered architectural design constructed on a hill top. People worship Nandi, the sacred bull in Hinduism, Lord Shiva’s vahana. Idol of Nandi at this temple is largest in the whole world. There is a temple of Lord Ganesha and Lord shiva, located at the foot of the hill.

4.Shri Nimishamba Devi Temple:
    Nimishamba Devi Temple
    Situated on the banks of river Cauvery is accepted to be the incarnation of the Goddess Parvathi, the consort of Lord Shiva.
    This spot is considered as a heavenly place. It is trusted that Shri Nimishamba is going to evacuate everyone of the issues and inconveniences of her aficionados inside a minute. That is the reason she is called Nimishamba, in which, Nimisha implies a minute.
    It is believed that the with a minute, prayers of the devotees are fulfilled .

5. ISKON Temple:
    Located on Chord Road on a seven-acre hill known as the ‘Hare Krishna Hill’ is the ISCON temple dedicated to Shri Radha Krishna.There is also a Vedic Theatre, Vedic Museum, a lecture hall, and an exhibition area. It’s an amazing blend of glass and gopuram, a combination of ancient and contemporary styles.

Neha Dev
    Participant

The above suggested temples by Srinath Seshadri is a great list. One of my favorite temples in Bangalore is the Panchmukhi Ganesha temple. The Panchmukhi Ganesha temple is in Kengeri en route to Mysore. It is probably less than 100 Mts from the main road and is easily seen from the main road because of the majestic size of the Ganesha Statue. The temple is very beautiful and extremely well maintained. You will see a huge statue of the five faced Ganesha ( Panchmukhi Ganesha) painted in gold on the top of the temple.
    Panchmukhi Ganesha Temple, Bangalore

team
    Participant

1. Chokkanathaswamy Temple
    2. Bull Temple at Basavanagudi
    3. Dodda Ganesha Temple at Basavanagudi
    4. Gavi Gangadareshwara Temple
    5. The ISKON

Srinath Seshadri
    Participant

I recently happened to visit the Dodda Ganesha temple in Bangalore and I will definitely recommend anyone in Bangalore to visit the temple. It’s a very popular temple in Bangalore is a fulfilling experience offering prayers to the magnificent Ganesha in this temple. This monolithic Ganesha is in the same temple complex as the Nandi statue. It stands about 18 ft. in height and 16 ft. in width. This Ganapati is popularly known as Shakthi Ganapati or Satya Ganapati.

The idol is adorned with different decorations each day of the week. On one of the days this huge idol is covered in butter weighing over 100 kg’s. People from different walks of life come here to seek blessings of Lord Ganesha.

princess100888
    Participant

vvss

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.