Repetitive Dreams

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Neha Dev
    Participant

It is almost been 5 years and I must say I keep getting this dream that i am killing someone and going through a very difficult time. At times I have even got so scared that I have woken up from bed. I really don’t get the connection. Is it something to do with my past?

Manisha Arora
    Participant

It is said that the sub conscious or the unconscious mind communicates with us in the dreams. It could possibly be something from the past or some bad experience which you would have gone through in your present but you have always tried to suppress those emotions and feelings and never allowed it to let go.

Vasudevan Nair
    Participant

Trying to kill yourself within or not letting go your frustrations can be a cause for the repetitive negative dreams. Or if you are ashamed of any act or you are extremely inhibited to share with others then in that case it keeps recurring in your dreams. It is best you try and speak it out with someone.

Janaki Mohan
    Participant

I don’t remember being guilty of anything so far but even I have experienced bad dreams that makes me wake up and cry. I have tried to recollect it the next day but in vain. It really upsets me at times.

jon777talk
    Participant

Sorry about your difficulties. Every interaction we have can be affected by and improved by prayer. So, if there are problems, don’t forget to pray about the issue.

One thing you can do regarding dreams…if you can become conscious of the dream, while in the dream, you can affect the dream.

So, while in the dream, start to pray to God. Or, in the dream, chant a name of God.

When I do this during a nightmare, I will usually bounce out of the nightmare and wake up.

You can also, while in the dream, imagine a saint with you. So, if you have devotion to Krishna, imagine Krishna with you.

As far as your past is concerned? Spiritual visions can come through during dreams. However, most dreams are not that. Most dreams are just our emotional life being dealt with during sleep. So, if we are generally worried, we might get chased in a dream. But being chased is just a kind of mental image of worry itself. And, our soul comes forward during sleep and purifies us. So, a dream can be our mental image during the process in which our soul purifies us.

However, repetitive dreams are not usually that.

So, yes, they can be something quite a bit deeper. And they can, in fact, be related to past lives. As far as killing is concerned, it could be many things. It does not mean you killed someone in a past life. You could have witnessed a death. You could have been, yourself, killed in a past life.

There are various things.

General spiritual disciplines can help with this.

And that would include prayers for forgiveness.

Here on earth we all make mistakes. We should always pray for forgiveness. Not so much that we constantly feel guilty, but periodically, we should ask God for forgiveness.

If you have some past karma, these prayers can help with that.

Another completely different possibility is a medical problem. You might have a medical problem and your soul is warning you through a dream.

So, sleep apnea might be an issue. Blood sugar also. Blood sugar problems while asleep can be dangerous. Or it could be other medical problems.

So, never hurts to stay current with your medical check-ups.

If you are cleared for any medical problems…emotionally, you can try to diminish the thoughts about it. Just refuse to dwell on it. Every time the thought about these experiences arise in your mind, do some silently chanting and just move your mind to another thought.

Don’t let this thought have power. Diminish it, rather than dwell on it.

Lastly, if you have been sleeping in the same place, you might want to check your environment for problems. So, maybe you have a faulty furnace and your carbon monoxide levels are too high in the home. And again, your soul is giving you a warning through dreams.

So, you might want to check into mold, radon, and other environmental problems in the area in which you sleep.

best of luck, take care.

jon777talk
    Participant

after I finished my post, I did have one other thought.

Ghosts are really not all that common, but they do exist.

So, there is a chance this is related to a ghost.

Ghosts do not like purity.

So, if you keep fresh flowers around and burn incense, it can help to dispel a ghost.

Also, you can place a spiritual blessing at the portals (doorways) of your house. The Jewish people use mezuzahs, the Chinese people do Feng Shui practice, the Christians use gargoyles at churches. You can just write a prayer and put it at the doorway entrances. Or a name of God. If you do and have faith in the power of the object…it can dispel negative forces.

Never be afraid of ghosts. They are just another “resident” of the inner world. You can think of them like bugs or cockroaches. They are hardly all powerful. You put out some bug spray… and they leave. Prayers, incense, flowers, charms…all these things will help dispel a ghost.

The last thing is the karma of why the ghost is there. And that would go to daily spiritual disciplines.

Best of luck, take care.

mail.kartikmishra1
    Participant

Repetitive dreams can be incredibly insightful and provide us with valuable information that we may not otherwise be aware of it. These dreams can happen due to anxiety or stress during the day and may interfere with daytime sleep. we must consider using relaxation techniques before bedtimes such as meditation or deep breathing exercises.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.